Thank You Diatta For inviting me to the the Workout Wednesday #WOWLinkUp!
What a beautiful quote! — Everyone should take this to heart.
Can I get a AMEN! This is so simple…yet so powerful! I am a true believer in Karma!
Let’s Just say, My Journey to my first Half Marathon, STARTS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!
I have 13 weeks and 5 days until the BIG EVENT! I’ve had some setbacks! My ankle is better, it has not been bothering me, I had two massages next week and started seeing Chiropractor again for my hips/back. I am feeling about 80% better with that issue. So, with the clock running down it’s time to get serious and take this to the next level.
The FIRST level — Confession — I am at the starting point of not being able to run a whole mile with out walking! However, I can HIIT it for a few miles, so that’s a good thing! I know this is a 100% mental challenge that I will have to get over, in order to be successful!
I am so thankful to be working with Team In Training for this BIG goal/milestone in my life!
I have received so much support from the Team and my Mentors!
I re-visited an amazing Guest Post — Five Tips for Setting (and Reaching!) Your Running Goal written by: Katie — at Live Half Full.
In her post she linked —
I really needed this today, in re-visiting her post.
So far, I have not raised any money for LLS — My Fundraising page for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
Well, It’s time to get my rear in gear and get going on my GOAL!
My Ideas so far…
* I am trying to volunteer at The County Far in the Bar to raise money in August. I am also, going to talk to local bars.
* I am running a raffle! For every dollar donation, I will be running a raffle to win a Gift Card from Starbucks, Amazon, and iTunes.
* I am working on sponsors, for every Five dollar donation I will be running a raffle with a big prize. The contents are still to be announced. I will be adding in some stuff myself so it will be an amazing Prize!!!
Have you ever done fund raising for a Marathon?
* What worked for you and what didn’t work for you! I am totally open to suggestions tips, tricks, etc.
* Any and all suggestions are appreciated! And, if you can spare a dollar I will start adding in names for the raffle!
I hope you are all having an amazing week!!!